PACKING PROCEDURES AND POLICIES All cars to be shipped on an Adcock Northeast Auto Transport truck are limited to 200 lbs. of packed items. This consists of 2 suitcases or 1 suitcase and 1 bag of golf clubs. The DOT has imposed stricter policies on all trucks and is now requiring all trucks to get to a legal weight before they leave a scale. They are no longer just writing overweight fines, which we used to pay; they are now requiring our trucks to unload a vehicle off of the truck; the only way it can be avoided is with your cooperation with this policy.
IF YOU HAVE LIGHT ITEMS THAT DO NOT FIT IN YOUR TRUNK YOU MAY PUT THEM IN THE BACK SEAT AS LONG AS THEY DO NOT OBSTRUCT ANY VIEWS. DO NOT PACK ANY MEDICINE OR ITEMS THAT MAY BE NEEDED IMMEDIATELY DUE TO UNFORESEEN DELAYS IN TRANSPORT. As stated we are not required nor legally allowed to transport any personal property. We have done it as a convenience to you our loyal customers. However too many customers have been abusing this privilege and now more drastic measures have to be enforced. Most auto hauling companies prohibit the inclusion of personal items in vehicles being shipped. This is for three very good reasons:
License & Insurance – It is against FMCSA regulations for carriers to transport personal possessions within a vehicle. Carriers risk fines for transporting any personal possessions. In addition, Northeast Auto Transport’s insurance does not cover for the loss or damage of personal possessions included in a vehicle being shipped.
Weight – Auto Haulers have strict limits on the weight of loaded trucks and trailers. Additional, unanticipated weight of personal items could cause carriers to be overweight. In this situation, the carrier has to make a choice to drive overweight (risking fines and significant delays) or not take the vehicle.
Safety – Extra weight in the car could cause damage to the undercarriage during loading and unloading. This letter must be signed and returned with your reservation form before we will accept to transport your vehicle.
ADCOCK TRANSPORT WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Damage unable to detect due to auto’s dirty condition.
- Articles left in vehicle.
- Damage or loss of loose parts or special equipment when not listed on the Condition Report and/or when not properly secured and stored so as to prevent loss or damage.
- Shipper is totally responsible for preparing vehicle for shipment. All loose parts, fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, antennas, etc. must be removed and/or properly secured.Any part of vehicle that falls off in transit is the shipper’s responsibility, including damages caused by said part.
- Not responsible for minor chips and scratches caused by highway gravel.
- Shipper is aware that car may become dirty or oil covered and will not hold transporter responsible for clean-up.
- Costs or expenses, including towing or repair charges resulting from malfunction of auto.
- Damage of windows and windshields due to road hazard.
- Damage caused by leaking fluids, battery acids, cooling systems, antifreeze solution or industrial fallout when damage is not due to carrier negligence.
- Radio antennas that extend more than three inches above fender or hood level of the vehicle being transported.
- Loss or damage to tape playing, recording, radio or other sound reproducing or transmitting receiving equipment which is not a factory installed part of the vehicle being transported.
- Mechanical functions, exhaust systems, alignment, suspension, tuning of engine, transmission or drive train. Inspection of these items is not practical at time of shipment.
- Auto rental accruals.
- All claims are subject to $500.00 deductible.
- Cancellations must be reported to ADCOCK TRANSPORT one month prior to shipping date to avoid $100.00 cancellation fee.
ANY AUTO TRANSPORTED THAT IS IN GENERALLY POOR CONDITION WITH DAMAGE TOO NUMEROUS TO LIST IS CONSIDERED TO BE “AS IS” AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR ANY DAMAGE CLAIMS.
ANY AUTO THAT CANNOT MOVE ON ITS OWN GOES”AS IS.”
ABSOLUTELY NO CLAIMS FOR DAMAGE WILL BE ALLOWED UNLESS NOTED IMMEDIATELY UPON DELIVERY. CLAIMS CANNOT BE DEDUCTED FROM REMITTANCES.
Under no circumstances should anything of value—– whether monetary or personal—– be left in the cab or the trunk of the vehicle being shipped. If you leave anything of value in the cab or in the trunk of the vehicle, you may do so at your own risk, and ADCOCK TRANSPORT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MECHANICAL PROBLEMS OF TRANSPORTED VEHICLES. ADCOCK TRANSPORT reserves the right to inspect all damages before repair and reserves the right to repair any and all damages.
Thank you for your cooperation.